Tasty Tortilla Soup with Chicken
Serves 4 hearty eaters.
- Cooking spray
- 2 6 inch corn tortillas, cut into ¼ inch-wide strips
- 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz canned, no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 6 oz cubed, skinless grilled chicken breast, all visible fat discarded
- 1 4 oz yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- ½ cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 tsp salt-free, all-purpose seasoning blend
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup shredded, low-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- First, lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange the tortilla strips in a single layer on the baking sheet. Lightly spray these with cooking spray, too.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the remaining ingredients except the Cheddar to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. J
- Just before serving, sprinkle the soup with the tortilla strips and Cheddar.
Total Fat: 4.5 g
Saturated Fat: 1.0 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 288 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Fiber 3 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein: 19 g