Tasty Turkey Loaf
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free milk
- 1 lb. ground, skinless turkey breast
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. bottled white horseradish (drained)
- 1/4 tsp. peppe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, lightly beat the egg white and milk. Add the remaining turkey loaf ingredients. Using your hands or a spoon, gently combine. Shape the mixture into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf. Place in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, or until the turkey registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the pan from the oven. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Turn the loaf out onto a cutting board and cut into 8 slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Spoon over the slices of turkey loaf.
Calories: 220 Total Fat 1.0 g Saturated Fat 0.5 g Cholesterol 76 mg Sodium 125 mg Total Carbohydrate 17 g